“The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play. So we sat in the house. All that cold, cold, wet day”- Dr. Seuss
As we get closer to the fall and winter, the question that we, at Brush Brothers Painting, often get is, “can you paint during cold weather?” The answer is, yes, you can! There’s no need to wait until warmer weather to get your painting done. In this article, we walk you through 3 things you need to know about painting in the cold weather. These tips will help you understand the process of painting the exterior and interior of your home in the winter. So, no, Dr. Seuss, you don’t have to just sit and wait!
3 Things To Know About Painting In Cold Weather
That being said, here are 3 things to know about painting the exterior and interior of your home in cold weather.
1. Paint requires specific temperatures
Paints have specific temperatures that they cure at. If you’re thinking of painting, then different temperatures can have different effects on your overall painting project. Knowing the nuances of temperature and how it can effect paint will help you take advantage of how warm or cold it gets during the fall or winter.
2. Paint needs time to dry without moisture
If there’s rain or snow, then the water or moisture that occurs can impact your paint. That’s because paint does better on dry and clean surfaces. When there’s too much moisture, the paint can seep or drip off the surface. It can also be washed away or faded away by rain and snow.
Dry and clean surfaces also means less need for things like sanding. When paint becomes thick and muddy, this can impact the layer of paint and the overall appearance of it. Sanding becomes necessary when the layer becomes uneven or odd.
3. Painting during the colder seasons will require specific tools
If you’re thinking of painting during colder weather, then you will need specific tools to help you protect your exterior pre, during and post painting. Before painting, it’s important to have a covering for the paint and other tools that you’re using. If you leave this inside your house, this can cause issue for you. For example, paint dripping onto your floor or onto other surfaces. While painting, you will need some time of covering to protect the walls from moisture and the outdoor elements. You will also need to maintain the temperature within that covering so that the paint is curing well. Post painting, you will need to again protect the paint from the outdoor elements.
Brush Brothers Painting Can Help You In The State of Utah
Rather than stressing out on how to paint the exterior and interior of your home during the cold weather, let Brush Brothers Painting help you in the state of Utah. By turning to experienced professionals to help you with your painting, you will:
- Save your money. If you’re painting your home’s exterior or interior during cold weather, you need to know what type of temperature works best for that paint. If you have a specific goal, you’ll also need to know how to achieve that goal despite the obstacles you face. By turning to Brush Brothers Painting, you can save the money you would potentially spend on new paint should you make any mistakes.
- Save your time. A lot of times, people assume that they cannot paint during cold weather. The reality is that if you have an experienced professional helping you, you can paint your home whenever you want, regardless of the weather.
- Save your inner-peace. Instead of worrying about things that you can’t control, having a professional helping you with your painting projects can help you not be so stressed out. Painting should be one last thing that you worry about.
Call us at 801-436-5110. You can also contact us here. We would love to hear from you!